We LOVE the slow cooker - we consider it a parenting holy grail. There's nothing better than throwing all the ingredients in as you're washing breakfast dishes and have it do all the hard work for you while you go about your day!
This slow cooker chilli has been a weeknight staple for us. It's a simple "dump and forget about it" recipe packed with a ton of healthy ingredients and great flavor.
Image and recipe from Shugary Sweets
- 1lb. cooked and drained lean ground turkey
- 1 15.25oz can of corn (don't drain)
- 1 can (15oz) black beans (don't drain)
- 1 can (15oz) red kidney beans (don't drain)
- 1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- In a large slow cooker, mix cooked ground turkey, corn, beans, salsa, tomato sauce, salt and taco seasoning. Don't forget to keep the liquid from all your cans of corn and beans!
- Stir to combine the ingredients together. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Top with plain greek yogurt or sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado and tortilla strips! ENJOY.