With autumn finally in full swing, we can be sure of a few things. The air will continue to get colder and drier, your bank account will take a bit of a hit now that Starbucks' holiday drinks are back (hello, Caramel Brulée Latte!) and your hair will most definitely start to feel damaged. We are here to offer you some help with the last point! Check out these four awesome DIY hair masks that can help protect and nourish your hair to keep it glossy and beautiful for all of the upcoming holiday gatherings in your schedule.
1. Banana and Almond Oil Hair Mask
Get your hair ready for a nourishing treat with this mask. The banana helps to soften your dry and damaged ends, while the almond oil helps keep moisture locked in.
- 1 Medium banana
- 1 Tsp almond oil
- Mash up your medium banana
- Mix banana together with almond oil
- Massage into damp hair, roots to tips
- Let sit for 30 minutes
2. Cinnamon, Honey and Olive Oil Hair Mask
Lock in moisture and keep your hair glossy with these three ingredients hidden in your cupboard!
- 1 Tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup of olive oil
- 1 Tsp honey
- Mix ingredients together until the blend is a dark brown
- Warm treatment - either for a few seconds in the microwave or by placing the bowl with the blend into a larger bowl of warm water
- Brush out damp hair and gently massage blend into hair from scalp to ends
- Tie up hair into a towel and leave mask for about an hour
- Gently rinse hair and massage out mask
3. Pumpkin and Honey Hair Mask
Pumpkin is full of vital vitamins and that promote healthy hair. Add in a few drops of honey and your hair will be hydrated, strengthened, and protected.
- 1 Cup of pumpkin puree
- 1-2 Tsps of Honey
- Blend pumpkin puree and honey together
- Gently massage mask onto damp hair, working from the scalp to the ends
- Wrap hair in saran wrap or cover with a shower cap
- Let sit for 15 minutes
4. Avocado and Egg Yolk Hair Mask
Let this amazing mask strengthen and rejuvenate your locks. Oh, how they will shine!
- 1/2 Of an avocado
- 2 Egg yolks
- Blend avocado and yolks together in a small bowl.
- Apply mixture onto damp or wet hair, working from the scalp to the tips. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Gently rinse with warm water.
Let us know what you think! Happy pampering!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published