Banana puree is incredibly easy to make for your little one: and with this recipe you know exactly what's going into your child's food!
How to make the puree:
- Select your banana: ripe bananas have brown spots on them which means the banana is easier to digest (but not too many spots as this may make them too mushy!).
- Wash the banana with a mixture of 3 parts water and one part white vinegar to remove bacteria. Rinse and peel. Discard the peel and the ends of the banana.
- Puree peeled banana in food processor or blender until smooth. Add water, formula, or breastmilk to reach desired consistency.
- For a chunkier puree (ideal for babies 10 months and older), mash with potato masher or fork unstead of pureeing it
- Mix banana puree with a variety of fruits you have in your fridge! Our favorites are: