With Valentine's Day coming up, we put together a list of 5 super fun and cute DIY snacks you can put together with your little ones!
1. Valentine's Marshmallow Pops
Image and recipe courtesy of Glorious Treats
These are super cute to have as a centrepiece or to have your kids bring to school to hand out to their classmates!
1 bag of Strawberry Marshmallows
- Small cellophane bags (if you're taking them on the go)
- Push a lollipop stick into each marshmallow
- Melt some chocolate. Like the original recipe, we wouldn't recommend using chocolate chips. We used baking chocolate!
- Dip one marshmallow at a time into the melted chocolate
- Let excess chocolate drip off, then sprinkle the sprinkles onto the chocolate
- Set the marshmallow pop upright (stick down) in a mug to allow the chocolate to set. To speed up the process, place the mug in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes.
- Once chocolate is hardened and set, either enjoy or wrap in cellophane bags to take with you
2. Easy Valentine's Wafer Cookies
Image and recipe courtesy of Family Fresh Meals
Wafer cookies are a classic and this version is a fun way to personalize and spruce up an old favorite!
- White Chocolate (or whichever kind you like! We thought white was the prettiest.)
- Wafer cookies
- Variety of Valentine's Day sprinkles
- Parchment paper
- Start by melting the chocolate (microwave or stovetop)
- While the chocolate is melting, gather your sprinkles and cookies. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip the top half of the wafer cookie into the chocolate and quickly sprinkle your sprinkles of choice
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet to dry. Ours took about 20 minutes!
3. Strawberry Skewers
Our third recipe is healthier option featuring nature's best candy: fruit! We know, we know - hard to compete with marshmallows and wafer cookies dipped in chocolate and sprinkles, but these adorable heart shaped treats are a welcome and delicious break from all the extra-sugary snacks!
Image and inspiration from Modern Parents Messy Kids
What you'll need:
- Small heart-shaped cookie cutters
- Large strawberries
- Other fruit (we used blueberries and grapes!)
Directions:This treat is pretty simple: just use the cookie cutters to cut the strawberries into hearts and thread them all onto a skewer, alternating with your fruit of choice!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published