With Saint Patty's day upon us once again, we've put together 3 easy crafts for you to keep your kids busy on the big day!
Mosaic Paper Lucky 3-Leaf Clovers
Image and shamrock craft courtesy of Happiness is Homemade
This craft is super easy and fun! It doesn't require a lot of materials and it challenges kids to be creative.
What you'll need:
- Green posterboard or cardstock
- Assorted paper in various shades of green. A mix of printed and unprinted works best! (Easily found at the dollar store or drugstore around this time of year!)
- Kid's glue
- Begin by cutting the assorted green paper into strips about 1/2 inch wide, then cut into squares. There's no need to be perfect!
- Cut green posterboard into 3 leaf clover shapes
- Use glue to attach the assorted green squares onto your clovers!
This popcorn is super festive and definitely an indulgent sweet treat!
- 1 full sized bag of microwave popcorn
- 1 cup of green candy melts
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate candy melts
- Green sprinkles
- Green M&Ms
- Pop the popcorn according to package instructions and remove any unpopped kernels
- Microwave the green candy for 40 seconds then stir, repeat in 20 second intervals until melted and smooth. (takes 1-2 minutes depending on your microwave)
- Drizzle the melted green candy over of the bowl of popcorn and toss to coat. Toss the popcorn with hands until well-coated. Spread out onto a large serving platter.
- Melt the white chocolate melts and drizzle over the platter of popcorn. Top generously with St. Patrick's themed candy sprinkles before the white chocolate sets.
- Toss on the M&Ms. Allow the Leprechaun Popcorn to cool a few minutes before serving.
Lucky Charms Marshmallow Marshmallow Treats
Images and recipe courtesy of Show Me The Yummy
This recipe takes a family favorite cereal and makes it into a super yummy snack or dessert! This would be great to bring to a potluck.
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 16 oz. bag of mini-marshmallows
- 1 box of Lucky Charms cereal
- Grease a 9x13 in pan with cooking spray (or two 8x8 inch pans for thicker bars).
- Melt butter over low heat in a large pot
- Once butter has melted, stir in salt and mini marshmallows constantly until marshmallows are melted
- Once the marshmallows have melted, remove from heat and stir in cereal (gently, so you don't crush it!)
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and gently press in evenly. If you press too hard, you’ll end up with hard marshmallow treats- the goal is to keep as much air in as possible!
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.